IBEW Local 2032
Local Union No. 2032 is affiliated with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, the oldest and largest electrical union in the world. World-wide membership is currently 750,000. The IBEW was founded 1891, when ten delegates representing 286 members met at Stolley's Dance Hall in downtown St. Louis. The IBEW's first president was Henry Miller, a Lineman from St. Louis.
In 1959, Local Union No. 2032 was chartered, and began with 23 employees. representing employees at the NYPA’s St. Lawrence Project. Local No. 2032 is in the 3rd District of the IBEW. Our main office is located at 37-A Water Street in Massena, NY. Our Union members are employed at The St.Lawrence Hydro project, Blenhiem/Gilboa, pump storage facility, and CEC Marcy substation. Our members, also man numerous small hydro projects, and maintain, over 1,400 miles, of Transmission lines.
History of The IBEW International Convention
The first IBEW International Convention was held in St. Louis, Missouri. on November, 21, 1891. The IBEW was originally started by 12 linemen in 1891. From 1958, and the granting of the Charter for Local 2032 to the present, alot of things have happened. A brief run down follows:
- 1958- First president Elected to Local 2032.
- 1962- Position of Business Manager created.
- 1973 - St. Lawrence line crew walk out on a Wildcat strike. Lasts 7 days.
- 1973- Blenhein Gilboa Unit enters the Local Union.
- 1976- JAF. Unit enters the Local Union.
- 1979- Marcy Unit enters the Local Union.
- 2000- JAF leaves the Local Union, becomes a part of IBEW Local 97.